Scientists have marked composting as one of the most environment-friendly ways of lessening carbon footprint or greenhouse gases. The most sustainable way of composting is using the best continuous composters. A continuous composter composts continuously without any disruption, using the functioning manure.
Besides, they are very easy to use, requires a little maintenance; there is no bad smell or rodents’ attraction. Just put the material in it, and get the compost done better than a regular compost bin tumbler.
If you don’t know how to make a compost bin but want the best compost bin, you dive into the composter market. Consequently, it takes a tedious and time-consuming search to get the perfect one for you out of the endless options. That’s why I have found out the 10 best continuous composters. This review will narrow down your search and help you get the best one quickly.
Best Continuous Composter Reviews in 2020
Be it a small compost bin or a compost bin DIY, you need a functioning aeration system to get things done efficiently. The best continuous composters that we have chosen, will fulfill all you need, as it includes every option, e.g., backyard compost bin, rotating compost bin, mid-range to best budget compost bin, etc. Let’s see what they offer.
|Spin Bin Composter||60||02|
|Miracle Gro Dual Chamber Compost Tumbler|| |
|Hotfrog Tumbling Composter||37||02|
|Mantis Compost Tumbler||88||01|
|EJWOX Dual Rotating Composting Tumbler||43||02|
|Lifetime 60058 Compost Tumbler||80||02|
|ALgreen Products Soil Saver Classic Compost bin||94||02|
What is Continuous Composter?
A continuous composter composts continuously without any designated disruption. You do not even need to remove the current manure before you put new manure. Just dump the leftover material, and a continuous composter will compost without disturbing the existing manure.
How to Choose a Composter?
To get the best composter you need to consider a few things, e.g., where you will compost, what you will compost, the composter size or material, chamber, or the full capacity.
Are Continuous Composters good?
Definitely, they are good and worth the money. They are suitable for kitchen or yard leftovers, food scraps, or garden weeds. Just dump them in and get compost continuously without any break or changing the existing manure.
How to use continuous composter?
It is not that tricky to use a continuous composter.
- Dump the leftover material in the composter
- Just maintain the balance of brown and green materials.
- When you need to compost a lot, just throw the materials in opening the lid.
- You don’t need to change the existing manure.
Best Continuous Composter -Read The Full Buying Guide
This is one of the few continuous composters to possess a unique barrel design. When compared to the mainstream, this one also offers some high-tech and amazing features that you will not find in other models of its kind. Besides, the construction is also 100% safe with recycled plastic and formed in America.
With its huge 60 gallons capacity, sturdy constructions, and superior ventilation option, it really competes when it comes to the best compost tumbler 2020.
- This composter dimensions are 26 x 32.5 x 45 inches
- With a 60 gallons capacity, the whole unit weighs at 21 pounds
- It offers lids that have dual locking heights
- The ventilation system comes with 20 slots
- The legs are constructed from sturdy steel that coated using powder
- It has 4 ports for the compost thermometer
- The tank interior is rugged ribbed
- The manufacture backs it with a 2-year warranty
- Very sturdy yet eco-friendly construction
- Easily quickly adds up manure batches
- Superior ventilation system
- The spinning process is very smooth and hassle-free
- Very spacious tank capacity
- Superior aeration system at all time
- It makes most of the money
- The stands are not suitable for the huge capacity tanks
- The lids lack in the security detail
- The assembly is difficult, dull, and time-consuming
This amazing composter is an excellent option for using outdoors. With a structure that sits on the ground and lids’ dual locking heights, this is really the most suitable continuous composter in the market for both gardeners and homeowners.
Joraform Compost Tumbler JK 125 proves that sometimes the simple design may turn out to be the efficiently functioning one. It provides ultimate ease of use with the Swedish design that has helped it acquire the trust and love of the entire Scandinavia as well as the rest of the world.
It offers a plastic and galvanized-steel construction along with its handy two chambers and a huge capacity of 70 gallons. In short, everything you need to continue composting without any hassle.
- The composter dimensions are 48 x 32 x 8 inches
- It weighs at 62 pounds making it perfect for heavy composting
- The combined capacity of this unit is 70 gallons
- The construction is based on polyethylene plastic and galvanized-steel
- Comes with 2 chambers made of powder-coated materials
- The temperature can go up to 160-degree Fahrenheit or higher
- The manufacture backs it with a one-year warranty
- Well thought and sturdy construction
- Superior ventilation system
- The doors are very easy to access and lock
- Doors are lightweight for ease of use
- The whole unit is resistant to rodent; no attraction to rodent or pests
- The unit has a fresh and preferable design
- Very handy aeration holes
- The assembly process is a bit difficult and time-consuming
- The chamber divider gets misaligned in case of improper assembly
- Mild stenches issue complains
It is a suitable composter for composting in all the seasons no matter what the weather condition is. It works fine when its summer and similarly, works fine and efficiently in the winter. As it is a big composter, it is better to pace it outdoor, yet works fine indoors.
The Miracle-gro dual chamber compost tumbler is another affordable and perfect tool to make the most of your leftover materials and wastage and turn them into eco-friendly compost for your garden very easily. The two function chambers add to its credibility.
This unit has a total capacity of 27.7 gallons. The separate mixing bars of the chamber and the high-tech locking system leads to an easy-peasy loading and unloading process making it one of the most convenient product for the gardeners.
- The composter dimensions are 26.1 x 21.26 x 6.3 inches
- This lightweight tool weights at 4 pounds
- It is constructed from heavy-duty stainless steel and BPA free plastic materials
- The 27.7-gallon capacity tanks feature UV protected plastic
- Both the tanks possess separate mixing bars
- Comes with a QR code feature to help to get the assembly instructions
- Very durable and sturdy constructions
- Amazing aeration settings
- Very easy to set up quickly
- Protected against liquid spilling with the proper sealant
- The whole unit is resistant to UV and rodent; no attraction
- Offers tumbling settings and works very fast
- Overall a compact design product
- There is no installation manual with this product
- Comparatively smaller tank capacity
- The timeframe for decomposing is slow
If you want an eco- friendly yet faster continuous composter that will function efficiently at all the seasons, then Miracle gro dual chamber compost tumbler is the best option for you. With its hexagon feature and optimal oxygenation, it composts faster than the mainstream.
When you are looking for the best dual-chamber continuous composter, the Exaco Trading Mr. Spin Compost Tumbler automatically pops up into your list. It possesses a modern design in a great machine at an affordable rate . The two chambers work perfectly to help you add fresh waste without disturbing the older waste.
Its generous aeration and oxygenation make it a perfect tool for small gardens to make the most of organic waste
- These composter dimensions are 5 x 26 x 37 inches
- It weighs at 5 pounds with its two 43 gallons chambers
- It is constructed from sturdy and coated 1.2mm thick, 18 gauge steel
- It comes with air vents that are adjustable
- Features sliding doors for both tanks
- Both the tanks possess separate mixing bars
- The whole unit is designed and made in China
- Very sturdy steel constructions
- It offers two-leg stand
- Comes with efficiently functioning sliding doors
- Superior oxygenation so faster compost
- Amazing aeration system
- Overall an affordable yet fully functioning composter
- This unit is not resistant against pets
- If you add too many materials it doesn’t turn properly
- The doors are smaller than expected
The Exaco trading Mr. Spin compost tumbler is suitable for small yards. Since it has a compact design, it fits into the small yards perfectly. Apart from this, if you are looking for the best budget composter, this handy composter is for you to be an affordable one.
It feels great to great to get the advantages of two just investing in one composter, doesn’t it? If you are on a tight budget or looking for a perfect continuous or rotating compost bin for your small yard, there is no better option than this tumbling composter manufactured by the Forest City Models.
This one comes to the market with a functional and unique an innovative design instead of bulky construction, yet works like a pro with its average size tanks ad handy features.
- The while unit dimensions are 30 x 28 x 36 inches
- With 2 chambers of 37 Gallons, it weighs at 36.2 pounds
- It possesses UV resistant plastic construction
- The construction material is free from BPA
- The stand is constructed from galvanized steel, which is powder-coated
- Very durable and sturdy construction
- Excellent dual tanks are independent
- Works perfectly for different compost mixing
- Offers full ergonomic design and works very fast
- The polyethylene plastic is UV resistant
- Amazing for the beginners
- Overall compact composter
- The tumbling process is a bit weaker
- It becomes dull and doesn’t work well in the winter
- The aeration setting requires frequent stimulation
With its compact, it is suitable for people with a tight budget, small yard, and limited mobility. One the other hand, it possesses a very easy assembly and dimpliest design, which makes it superbly perfect for the beginners as well. Even a child can get it spinning easily.
If you are wondering which compost tumbler to buy for your spacious yard, you have your answer now; the Mantis compost tumbler will bring an end to all your problems by composting all the leftover materials quickly, and in all the season.
The USA made composter will give you finished compost in only 4 to 6 weeks in a very huge capacity of 88 gallons. You can rely on it for the needs of your big yard.
- The composter dimensions are 42 x 33 x 43 inches
- With a 88 gallons capacity, it weighs at 80 pounds
- The drum is constructed from galvanized steel, which is powder-coated
- The plastic used is free from BPA
- Features locking door made of strong steel
- The entire composter frame is made of tubular steel
- The manufacture backs it with a 2-year warranty on all parts
- Very strong and durable galvanized steel construction
- An unmatchable capacity of up to 5 bushels
- The frame is resistant to rust and corrosion
- User-friendly design so easy to use
- It composts very effectively and quickly
- The price is suitable compared to the capacity and functions
- It takes a lot of space, so cannot fit in small spaces
- The tumbling process is too improper to spin efficiently
The mantis compost tumbler is suitable for those people who are in search of a huge capacity sturdily built and a lifetime compost tumbler. The 88 gallons capacity is perfect for any kind of garden and it can keep supplying the needed compost in all seasons being one of the best Continuous Composters ever.
Envirocycle Mini Composter
Envirocycle is long established as a top-quality brand in the composter market. As a part of its legacy, the envirocycle mini composter also packs all the high-tech and advanced features, to satisfy the needs of any small to medium size yard or apartment.
This 35-gallon capacity compost tumbler weighs at 24.7 pounds and comes complete with eco-friendly construction.
- The whole trembler dimensions are 4 x 21.5 x 27.7 inches
- It is constructed from UV resistant plastic
- With only one chamber, it weighs only 7 pounds
- The full capacity is 35 USA gallons
- It is available in two versions: Pink and black
- Comes with a sturdy liquid collector
- It comes fully assembled
- The plastic used is free from BPA
- It comes with a very sturdy and durable construction
- It possesses a very attractive sleek design
- Fully functioning quality aeration system
- Very easy to set up and tumble
- It is fully odor it rust-free
- The whole unit is resistant to rodent; no attraction to rodent
- Overall an affordable compost bin tumbler
- This continuous composter has only one chamber
- The construction material may break if left empty
- The pink version of this tumbler has a decolonization issue
The Envirocycle Mini Composter is suitable for the small spaces; known as the best compost bin for an apartment as it possesses a compact and lightweight design to fit into any small or medium-size yard or apartment. Besides, because of its recycled and BPA-free food-graded plastic, it is suitable for following the HOA rules strictly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
One should compost because of its optimal benefits to nature and to one’s garden. Compost shrinks the greenhouse gases by lowering the carbon footprint. Besides, it helps to maintain the soil’s pH balance and supplements the gardens with eco-friendly, nutrient-rich, and precious food.
What are the types of Compost Bins?
There are four types of compost bins:
- Compost Tumblers (Compost bin tumbler is of three types: Stationary, mobile, ball)
- Compost Bins
- Worm Composters
- Kitchen Composters
Which Factors to Consider When Buying a Compost Bin?
To ensure the best compost bin or a lifetime compost tumbler you have to consider a few criteria that the best compost bins possess. These criteria are the construction, size, capacity, chamber, or the type of composter.
Which one is best in Indoor vs. Outdoor Compost Container?
That depends on the situation. With an indoor compost container, you can compost throughout the year at the same temperature of 40 to 80 degrees by using the best compost bin for the apartment. However, for a huge space, use an outdoor compost container that needs protection from heat and cold.
Do you have outdoor space for a composter?
If you have only a 3-square-feet space outdoor, you can easily get a small compost bin for space. In this case, a backyard compost bin will be the best compost bin for you. Choose an enclosed bin for safety.
How have we chosen the 7 best continuous composters?
To find out the 7 best continuous composters, we researched the available options in the market. We have considered the capacity, chamber, price, built quality, and other things needed for optimal results.
Is Plastic Any Good For Compost Bins?
Yes, for small spaces the plastic compost bins are perfect. They get back the heat and moisture for perfect and quick compost. Besides, they block the light so that the weeds don’t grow again.
Can I compost in the winter?
Yes, you can. However, it takes more time to compost than that of summer. If you can afford, buy a compost activator to hold the temperature or cover the composter to retain or get back proper heat.
Why Does My Compost Bin Smell Bad?
Your compost bin may smell bad, when:
- You put very wet compost
- No balance of brown and green materials
- You dumped fats, meat, or dairy
- Improper oxygenation
- An improper layer of the bin
What is the best countertop model?
If you are looking for the best countertop model, you need to consider a lightweight, small size and sturdy composter. For example- the Exaco Kitchen Composter, the Epica Compost Bin, etc.
What is the best compost bin for your garden?
Considering various aspects (price, construction, size, capacity, chamber, etc), we have found out the 07 best continuous composters, that will also match your need for the best compost bin for your garden.
The best open compost bin?
If you are planning to compost outdoor, or if you want the best compost for beginners then the buy the open compost bin considering your space, what you want to compost, or the size and capacity of the compost bin.
How to make your compost bins work?
To make your compost bin work, you have to use straw or twigs to lay it in the container and then you just need to dump the waste material into it and keep it moist.
How Recycling Works?
The recycling process works side by side the composting process. When you compost, the gets waste materials, leftover or food scraps are composted, and at a time, the get recycled to a powerful and nutrient-rich food for your garden.
What is a tumbler composter?
A tumbler composter is usually an enclosed drum that rotates for aerating and mixing the dumped leftover waste material. It works somewhat like a rotating compost bin. The tumbler composters are usually faster and easier than regular compost bins.
How do you make compost for your garden?
To make compost for your garden:
- Place straw or twigs first
- Dump the leftover material and food scraps
- Place manure, cover it and keep it moist
- Wait till the pile gets aerated and compost is finished
How Does a Compost Bin Work?
A compost bin comes with a container in which the leftover materials are dumped, and then it , over time, turns it into usable and valuable compost for the garden. The compost pile needs to be left for a period to get aerated for safety and to finish the process properly.
Do you have a garden that needs compost?
If you want to retain the soil moisture and balance the pH rate with a long-term investment aiding it with an ecofriendly and nutrient-rich food, then your garden needs compost. There will be no use of organic fertilizers, and you will get healthy food.
How Do You Start a Compost Pile?
To start a perfect compost pile, choose the location carefully; an open and level area with partial shade is perfect. Efficient drainage is preferable. Keep the pile size between 3 to 5 square feet.
What is a Compost Bin?
A compost bin is usually a container in which the leftover materials, food scraps, or other organic materials are dumped into to turn them into usable and valuable compost for the garden. It’s an eco-friendly process.
When is compost finished and safe to use?
The compost is finished and safe to use, when:
- It steels good and earthly
- No smell like ammonia
- It appears dark and the topsoil is crumbly
- No trace of organic materials (few exceptions )
- The pile is now half the original size
- The pile has an air temperature
How to compost?
- Choose bare earth for the compost pile
- It is significant to place straw or twigs first
- Dump the leftover material
- Place manure and keep it moist
- Use the lid to cover it
- If you are using a continuous composter, you don’t need to change the existing manure
Composting has always been the most preferable way of maintaining a healthy life cycle by keeping the environment safe from excessive greenhouse gases.
Our list of the 07 best continuous composters includes models from mid-range to high budget based on their capacity, chambers, and construction quality. It includes compost tumblers, the worm bins, even the convectional outdoor composters suitable for both professionals and beginners. So why will you invest your money in buying poor quality products?
You can just buy one of the models that meet your need and get nutrient-rich compost continuously and quickly throughout the year.
You May like Similar article: